-
May 12th, 2004, 09:35 PM
#681
HB Forum Owner
Finally, a new generation of pocket consoles are being presented in E3. I'm very interested on this one because I'll be getting a job next year and I'll need a portable thing to play games. So far, Sony's PSP seems to be the best option, but I'll consider all, and my buy will be determined by the number of high quality RPGs that are not remakes nor are too kiddy.
-
May 12th, 2004, 11:29 PM
#682
Senior Hostboard Member
I was considering getting the PSP, in looking at its specs and some moving demo's (a game called Death Jr.), however, i am put off by the fact it can only give 2 and a half hours of video activity before the lithium ion battery runs out. In opposition, while the Nintendo DS doesnt give the same caliber of graphics, it does supply you with approximately 10 hours of play time. I hope Sony can sort this out soon.
-
May 12th, 2004, 11:51 PM
#683
Inactive Member
Wow. Screw PSP now, I need something that lasts at least 5 hours.
-
May 13th, 2004, 12:05 AM
#684
Inactive Member
I think all of that video was gameplay, except maybe the end with Link sheathing his sword...
-
May 13th, 2004, 12:55 AM
#685
Inactive Member
I saw 20 seconds of mutliplayer action in Halo 2. *swoon*
-
May 13th, 2004, 11:11 AM
#686
HB Forum Owner
2 hours is enough for a day but I'd have to charge it every day. I'd rather have a larger console that lasts twice that much. They better solve this problem or I'll have to wait for a future version of it.
We know what happened to the Game Gear despite being like 6 times better than the GameBoy (and still like 4 times better than the GameBoy Color). Then again, the Game Gear was sega's; it was meant for failure.
-
May 13th, 2004, 01:57 PM
#687
Inactive Member
Geeez! playing none really lately!... studies keep me on the computer to write dumb works >.< But well, you know, there is always time for some good ol'times SNES RPGING, So, Seiken Densetsu 3 is my interest now ^^
-
May 13th, 2004, 07:19 PM
#688
Inactive Member
IRT Wiseman: Or, it might of had something to do with the poor battery lifespan. It tends to be the many reason why every other handheld fails, regardless of how powerful it is.
PSP will probably be different. It's coming from Sony, and watching movies on the go would be cool. Also has a music thing of some sort.
-
May 13th, 2004, 09:04 PM
#689
Senior Hostboard Member
I get the feeling that the PSP vs DS battle will be an equal one. That said, PSP is definately appealing more to the older market, while the DS is aiming for the younger. I'll definately be getting both though, because they've both got great 3rd party support and each have their strong points.
-
May 13th, 2004, 09:17 PM
#690
Inactive Member
I think the DS will appeal to all. Besides, it has a slick look now.
As for me, i've downloaded Halo CE, it's a version that allows you to play on brand new maps. You have to have downloaded the map earlier to play it online, but it's seems really good. There's also a Halo editing kit, which allows you to make your own maps and (maybe) mods. I'm gonna make a map of my school to play on during the summer. Started drawing the plans for it. It's gonna be a big map.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks